- Chair - Rachel Kavanagh (IRL) 🇮🇪
|Name (Given, Family)
Terms of Reference
Type of Committee
Working Group until December 2024
The IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group reports to the IFCPF Technical Director.
The IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group shall have no authority that does not come from the IFCPF Board.
The IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group shall support the IFCPF Board and Management Team on all matters relating to the sport and development.
Scope / Key Responsibilities
The IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group shall have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the IFCPF Technical Delivery Plan in relation to Women and Girls' CP Football.
- Support the implementation of IFCPF’s Strategic Plan.
- Create strategic recommendations to the on-going evaluations and development of Women and Girls' CP Football
- Develop policies and make recommendations to the IFCPF Board in relation to the sport and development.
- Monitor compliance with IFAB, FIFA, IPC and other relevant bodies.
- Connect with the IFCPF membership and wider stakeholders to seek insight, ideas and feedback.
The IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group shall consist of seven (7) members, including the position of Chair.
The chair of the IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group shall be appointed by the IFCPF Board.
One (1) member shall be a representative of Classification.
One (1) member shall be from Africa.
One (1) member shall be from the Americas.
One (1) member shall be from Asia-Oceania.
One (1) member shall be from Europe.
One (1) member shall be an Athletes' Representative.
Further representatives may be invited to attend IFCPF Women and Girls Working Group meetings, however they shall be considered an ex-officio member, with speaking rights only.
All members of the committee shall be recruited for their skills, qualifications and experience.
- At least one (1) member shall be male, and at least one (1) member shall be female.
- At least one (1) member shall be a former CP Football player or have personal experience of CP and related neurological conditions.
The IFCPF membership shall be invited to suggest candidates for consideration by the IFCPF Board as members of the committee.
The IFCPF Board may search for suitable candidates to ensure the committee includes the best qualified individuals.
Terms of office
- Members of the committee shall normally serve for four (4) years, corresponding to the term of office of the IFCPF President. Members may be reappointed to serve for a next term and there are no limitations to the number of terms members can be reappointed for.
Vacancies in the committee should be filled by appointment by the IFCPF Board, following nomination by the Chair of the committee.
The Chair of the committee shall produce written reports of all IFCPF Technical Committee meetings / activity for distribution to the IFCPF Board and committee members
The IFCPF CEO / Secretary General shall ensure that recommendations to the IFCPF Board are included on the agenda of the next IFCPF Board meeting and subsequent decisions made by the IFCPF Board are communicated to the members of the committee.
A representative of the committee may be invited to attend IFCPF Board meetings.
The Chair of the committee will provide a written report on the activities of the committee by 31st January to be included in the IFCPF Annual Report.
Frequency and location
The committee normally meets at least four (4) times a year via conference call.
Further in-person meetings may be organised as deemed necessary by the Chair and CEO / Secretary General.
Membership of the committee is a voluntary position; however, all reasonable expenses will be covered in accordance with IFCPF’s Financial Policy.
In addition to committee meetings, other contact (usually electronic or by telephone) will be necessary.
- The Chairperson of the committee will produce a budget. The committee budget will be included in the overall IFCPF budget and submitted for approval to the IFCPF Board in accordance with the IFCPF Financial Policy.
|IFCPF CEO / Secretary General
|IFCPF Management - June 2022
|Date for review