- Classification Director: Dr Raul Reina (ESP) 🇪🇸
- Classification Manager: Matias Henriquez (CHL) 🇨🇱
- Classification Education Coordinator: José Amador Coy Coy (ESP) 🇪🇸
- Classification Education Coordinator: Charlotte Messiaen (ESP) 🇪🇸
- Classification Eligibility Coordinator: Dr Jaime Antunes (POR) 🇵🇹
- Africa Representative: Rene Jonkers (RSA) 🇿🇦
- Americas Representative: Dr Jorge Parra (COL) 🇨🇴
- Asia-Oceania Representative: Joanne Morrell (AUS) 🇦🇺
- Asia-Oceania Representative: Ni Ni Swe (MYA) 🇲🇲
- Europe Representative: Tjeu Scholtes (NED) 🇳🇱
Terms of Reference
Type of Committee
- The IFCPF Classification Committee reports to the Classification Director
- The IFCPF Classification Committee shall have no authority that does not come from the IFCPF Board.
The IFCPF Classification Committee shall support the IFCPF Board and Management Team on all matters relating to Classification.
Scope / Key Responsibilities
The IFCPF Classification Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the IFCPF Classification Delivery Plan.
- Support the implementation of IFCPF’s Strategic Plan.
- Create strategic recommendations to the on-going evaluations and development of Classification.
- Develop policies and make recommendations to the IFCPF Board in relation to Classification.
- Monitor compliance with the IPC and IPC Athlete Classification Code and other International Standards.
- Connect with the IFCPF membership and wider stakeholders to seek insight, ideas, and feedback.
- Identify research problems, ideas or needs for the optimization of a sports-specific and evidence-based
- classification system.
- Dissemination of evidence on classification to IFCPF members.
- Design and delivery of educational actions and materials for classifiers training and re-certification.
- The Classification Committee shall consist of up to eight (8) members, including the position of Chair.
- The chair of the IFCPF Classification Committee shall be the IFCPF Classification Director as appointed by the IFCPF Board.
- One (1) member shall be the Classification Manager
- One (1) member shall be the Classification Education Coordinator
- One (1) member shall be the Classification Eligibility Coordinator
- One (1) member shall be from Africa
- One (1) member shall be from the Americas
- One (1) member shall be from Asia-Oceania
- One (1) member shall be from Europe
- Further representatives may be invited to attend IFCPF Classification Committee meetings, however they shall be considered an ex-officio member, with speaking rights only
All members of the IFCPF Classification Committee shall be recruited for their skills, qualifications and experience, however;
- At least one (1) member shall be male, and at least one (1) member shall be female.
- At least one (1) member shall be a former CP Football player or have personal experience of CP and related neurological conditions.
- The IFCPF membership shall be invited to suggest candidates for consideration by the IFCPF Board as members of the IFCPF Classification Committee.
- The IFCPF Board may search for suitable candidates to ensure the IFCPF Classification Committee includes the best qualified individuals.
Terms of office
Members of the committee shall normally serve for four (4) years, corresponding to the term of office of the IFCPF President. Members may be reappointed to serve for a next term and there are no limitations to the number of terms members can be reappointed for.
Vacancies in the committee should be filled by appointment by the IFCPF Board, following nomination by the Chair of the committee.
- The Chair of the committee shall produce written reports of all IFCPF Technical Committee meetings / activity for distribution to the IFCPF Board and committee members
- The IFCPF CEO / Secretary General shall ensure that recommendations to the IFCPF Board are included on the agenda of the next IFCPF Board meeting and subsequent decisions made by the IFCPF Board are communicated to the members of the committee.
- A representative of the committee may be invited to attend IFCPF Board meetings.
- The Chair of the committee will provide a written report on the activities of the committee by 31st January to be included in the IFCPF Annual Report.
Frequency and location
- The committee normally meets at least four (4) times a year via conference call.
- Further in-person meetings may be organised as deemed necessary by the Chair and CEO / Secretary General.
Membership of the committee is a voluntary position; however, all reasonable expenses will be covered in accordance with IFCPF’s Financial Policy.
In addition to committee meetings, other contact (usually electronic or by telephone) will be necessary.
The Chairperson of the committee will produce a budget. The committee budget will be included in the overall IFCPF budget and submitted for approval to the IFCPF Board in accordance with the IFCPF Financial Policy.
|Written||IFCPF CEO / Secretary General|
|Approved||IFCPF Management - June 2022|
|Date for review||June 2024|