World level competition
The IFCPF World Championships and IFCPF World Cup are each held every four years, providing a World level competition every two years. Following consultation with our membership, IFCPF implemented these titles to reflect the high performance level of these events and to support our members to secure funding to participate.
IFCPF World Championships
- Provides a World level competition for 16 countries, with guaranteed representation from all regions for which there are prior Regional Championships
- As a World level competition, countries compete for the highest level of ranking points (31-16 points).
- Competing countries qualify for the IFCPF World Championships by competing in the Paralympic Games (or IFCPF Top 8 Tournament); or qualifying through the IFCPF World Championships Qualification Tournament.
- The top three ranked countries from the IFCPF World Championships Qualification Tournament qualify.
- The highest ranked country from a region with at least two countries participating in
- the qualification tournament, not otherwise qualified. IFCPF recognises: Africa*, Americas, Asia-Oceania and Europe.
*As a developing region, if only one country from the African region participates in the qualification tournament, the country receives an automatic slot to represent.
The IFCPF World Championships Qualification Tournament has been established due to the high demand for entry to World level competitions and the worldwide participation of CP Football. This tournament provides an international competition opportunity for at least more 16 countries in the Paralympic Games year.
IFCPF World Cup
- Provides a World level competition for 16 countries.
- As a World level competition, nations compete for the highest level of ranking points (31-16points).
- Most important qualifier for the Paralympic Games (or IFCPF Top 8 Tournament).
- The competing nations qualify for the IFCPF World Cup through IFCPF Regional Championships and the IFCPF World Ranking List.
2019 IFCPF World Cup
4th - 20th July 2019 (Pinto, Spain)Download 2019 IFCPF World Cup Qualification Criteria
2017 IFCPF World Championships
4th - 24th September 2017 (San Luis, Argentina)
2015 IFCPF CP Football World Championships
16th - 28th June 2015 (Burton-upon-Trent, England)
2013 CPISRA Intercontinental Cup
27th July - 10th August 2013 (Sant Cugat, Spain)
2011 CPSIRA World Championships
17th June - 1st July 2011(Assen, Netherlands)
2009 CPISRA International Championships
23rd October - 1st November 2009 (Arnheim, Netherlands)
2007 CPISRA World Championships
5th - 18th November 2007 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
|7th||England (& Wales)|
2005 CPISRA World Championships
27th June - 11th July (New London, USA)
2003 CPISRA World Championships
8th - 22nd October (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
2001 CPISRA World Games
19th - 29th July 2001 (Nottingham, England)
|7th||England (& Wales)|
1998 CPISRA World Championships
5th - 12th September 1998 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
1994 CPISRA World Championships
8th - 13th August 1994 (Dublin, Ireland)
1990 CPISRA World Championships
18th - 25th July 1990 (Assen, Netherlands)
1986 CPISRA International Cerebral Palsy Games
1982 CPISRA International Cerebral Palsy Games