Updated World RankingsNews
2022 has not only celebrated the return of international CP Football competition after two long years of play being suspended by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has also been the year when our men's and women's World Cups came together for a celebration of football for all.
IFCPF have also added the Men's World Championships as a second world level event for those teams not qualifying for the World Cup, to maximise opportunity to compete.
2022 World Level Competitions
- Men's World Cup - 27th April - 16th May 2022
The Men's World Cup is the highest world level competition in CP Football for men, including the participation of 15 teams in 2022. Combined with our World Championships, 23 teams have competed at world level in men's CP Football in 2022.
- Women's World Cup - 7th - 18th May 2022
The Women's World Cup is the highest level competition in CP Football for women, including the participation of 5 teams in 2022.
- Men's World Championships - 27th September - 3rd October 2022
The Men's World Championships is the second stage of our world level competition in CP Football for men, including the participation of 8 teams in 2022. Combined with our World Cup, 23 teams have competed at world level in men's CP Football in 2022.
Men's World Cup & World Championships
Both tournaments shall receive ranking points in-line with the IFCPF Ranking Points procedure as world level competitions.
- As the first year where our world level competition is split across two tournaments, the rankings shall be combined to reflect more than 24 team competing at the highest level.
- The IFCPF Board have decided that with 15 teams competing in the 2022 IFCPF World Cup, the top two (2) teams (1st and 2nd) of the 2022 IFCPF World Championships will receive the same rankings points as places 14th and 15th of the World Cup.
Therefore the final ranking points for both tournaments are confirmed following the conclusion of the 2022 IFCPF World Championships.
|Tournament Ranking||Combined Ranking||Men's World Cup / Championships||Points (P)||Baseline (I)||Ranking (R)||Factor (F)|
|P = I + (RxF)|
The logic of the IFCPF Ranking Points Procedure is that any country that participates in CP football wins points which enable it to climb the World and Regional Rankings Lists.
The Rankings Lists are maintained for the following reasons:
- Realistic comparison of teams
- To support seeding for tournament draws
- Highlight worldwide, regional and national participation
- Promotion of CP Football
A team’s total number of points, from tournaments held within the current quadrennial (four years), are determined by adding the highest number of points gained from an eligible tournament/level of development in each year.