Euros - Tournament DrawNews
The draw for the 2023 IFCPF European Championships will take place as follows:
- Saturday 15 April 2023 at 12.00 pm
- Live streaming on Youtube and Facebook: www.facebook.com/2023ifcpfeuropeanchampionships
1. POT ALLOCATION
1.1. The participating teams are ranked as follows according to the IFCPF World Ranking List:
- The Netherlands
1.2. The eight (8) teams are allocated to four (4) pots of two (2) teams each, based on the IFCPF World Ranking (as of March 2022). https://www.ifcpf.com/rankings
1.3. As the host country, Italy shall be allocated to Pot 1, therefore Scotland shall also be allocated to Pot 1.
1.4. The remaining teams shall be allocated to Pot 2, Pot 3 and Pot 4 according to the IFCPF World Ranking List as follows:
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
|Italy (ITA)||Ukraine (UKR)||The Netherlands (NED)||Germany (GER)|
|Scotland (SCO)||England (ENG)||Ireland (IRL)||Spain (ESP)|
2. DRAW CONSTRAINTS
2.1. As the host country, Italy shall automatically receive position A1. Therefore, Scotland will automatically receive position B1.
3. DRAW PROCEDURE
3.1 The eight (8) teams shall be allocated to two (2) groups of four (4) teams. The groups shall be named: Group A (A1, A2, A3, A4); and Group B (B1, B2, B3, B4)
3.2 The Local Organising Committee (LOC) shall allocate the teams into groups by drawing of lots in public / live stream.
3.3 Based on the factors listed above, the LOC shall conduct the draw as follows:
- Pot 1: Italy as the host country will receive position A1, and therefore Scotland will receive position B1.
- Pot 2: The first drawn country will receive position A2, and the second B2.
- Pot 3: The first drawn country will receive position A3, and the second B3.
- Pot 4: The first drawn country will receive position A4, and the second B4.