CP Football World Championships - Day 12

CP Football World Championships - Day 12



Wanderson inspired Brazil to a third place finish at the 2015 Cerebral Palsy Football World Championships with a hat-trick and two assists in a 6-0 thrashing of the Netherlands.

Fernandes also played his part with two well taken second half goals and substitute Evandro wrapped up the win in the 59th minute, in an eventful match which saw both teams miss penalties and Jose Carlos receiving a red card for two bookable offences.

It took Brazil just seven minutes to break the deadlock when from a goal kick Jose Carlos picked up a loose pass from Joey Mense and squared the ball to Wanderson who calmly stroked home past George van Altena.

Four minutes later Wanderson doubled his tally with a superb individual goal. Jan Francisco found the Brazilian number 10 who turned and accelerated past his marker before sliding the ball underneath van Altena.

After the interval Fernandes scored a quick-fire double, the first a powerful shot past van Altena, the second a shot across van Altena after playing a one-two with Wanderson. Jose Carlos again squared to Wanderson to complete the easiest of hat-tricks in the 40th minute.

Moments later Dutch substitute Rik Rodenburg embarked on powerful run into the Brazilian penalty area before he was brought down by Diego. Referee Carlos Dias pointed to the spot, where Netherlands Captain Lars Conijn saw his spot kick well saved by Marcos.

Evandro completed the scoring the 59th minute after Jan Francisco fed Wanderson who skipped a challenge before squaring the ball to Evandro for another tap in.

The three minutes of stoppage time saw Jose Carlos sent off for a second bookable offence after bad tackle on Stephan Lokhoff. While Jan Francisco failed to cap an impressive display when van Altena saved his spot-kick after a foul on Wanderson.


Team: Marcos Dos Santos Ferreira (GK), Jonatas Santos Machado, Fernandes Celso Alves Vieira (C), Jose Carols Monteiro Guimarães, Wanderson Silva de Oliveira, Jan Francisco Brito da Costa, Diego Delgado da Silva

Substitutes: Felipe Rafael da Silva Gomes, Ubirajara da Silva Magalhães, Ronaldo de Souza Almeida, Evandro de Oliveira Gomes de Souza, Igor Romero Rocha, Wesley Martins de Souza (GK), Gilvano Diniz da Silva (GK)

Scorers: Wanderson Silva de Oliveira (7”, 11”, 39”), Fernandes Celso Alves Vieira (33”, 36”), Evandro de Oliveira Gomes de Souza (59”)

Sent Off: Jose Carols Monteiro Guimarães (60”)

Booked:Fernandes Celso Alves Vieira (30") ,Diego Delgado da Silva (43") Jose Carols Monteiro Guimarães (47”)


Team: George Van Altena (GK), Jeroen Saedt, Minne de Vos, Lars Conijn (C), Iljas Visker, Daan Dikken, Joey Mense

Substitutes: Stefan Boersma (GK), Jeroen Schuitert, Teddy Witjes, Peter Kooij, Rik Rodenburg, Stephan Lokhoff, , Guido Floors

Booked: Joey Mense (48”), Minne de Vos (54”), George Van Altena (60")


Match officials: Carlos Dias, Minesh Gupta, Ashley List, Kyunyong Park



Russia retained their world crown as they beat Ukraine by a single goal in the Cerebral Palsy Football World Championship final. 

A near capacity crowd at St George’s Park witnessed the top two teams in the world go toe-to-toe.

Ukraine got the game underway after minutes of silence to remember the life of Joel Richards, an FA qualified level four referee, who lost his life in the Tunisian beach attack.

Viacheslav Larionov had the best chance of the opening exchanges when he met an Alexander Kuligin corner on the five minute mark, the effort missed the target.

Both keepers were forced into saves that brought applause from the stands in the first quarter of the game, Artem Krasylnykov with the pick of the chances for Ukraine. Eduard Ramanov with Russia’s best attempt.

Krasylnykov joined Ramanov in referee Keith Stroud’s notebook after a tug on Kuligin’s shirt stopped an attack that had promise. Dmytro Molodtsov soon followed.

Russia had now started to dominate the game with chances being presented but no goal to show for their efforts.

Larionov should have opened the scores ten minutes before the interval, Ramanov played a free kick into the feet of Lasha Murvanadze before the Russian number 15 had the strike – the well-worked effort hit the crossbar.

Kuligin, Ramanov and Murvanadze all tested the Ukrainian shot-stopper before the break with his opposite number relatively untested.

Russia would have been disappointed not to be ahead at the interval but for all their efforts they had to be content with a 0-0 score line.

The second half started in a similar vein to how the first ended.

Kostyantyn Symasko in the Ukrainian net was being exposed to increased pressure with efforts from Georgiy Albegov and Dmitrii Pestretsov that both went close.

Russia’s graft paid dividends as they finally broke the deadlock in the 44th minute.

Ramanov delivered a ball that fell to the feet of Pestretsov who had an effort that was well blocked, the rebound was met by Kuligin who had the easiest of tasks as he tapped home.

Ukraine had been the better side since they conceded.

When called into action, Vladislav Raretckii in the Russian goal became the hero when Krasylnykov turned his defender and lashed a shot that looked destined to find the top corner – the effort was saved in superb fashion by Russia’s number two.

With only five minutes left on the clock Oleh Len thought he had taken the game to extra-time.

Taras Dutko put the ball across the face of goal, Len wrapped his foot around it but only to see the ball cannon off the up-right and bounce to Russian safety.

He’ll be left thinking about what could have been.

After two minutes of injury time referee Stroud brought the game to an end, his whistle sparked the start of rapturous Russian celebrations.


Team: Kostyantyn Symashko (GK), Vitaliy Trushev, Taras Dutko, Oleh Len, Dmytro Molodtsov, Volodymyr Antoniuk (C), Artem Krasylnykov,

Substitues:  Yevhen Zinoviev, Edhar Kahramanian, Vitalii Romanchuk, Denys Ponomarov, Stanislav Podolskyi, Bohdan Kulynych (GK), Artem Sheremet

Bookings: Artem Krasylnykov (16”), Taras Dutko (18”)


Team: Vladislav Raretckii (GK), Eduard Ramonov, Dimitrii Pestretsov, Lasha Murvanadze, Georgiy Albegov, Viacheslav Larionov, Alexander Kuligin

Substitutes: Aslanbek Sapiev, Alexey Tumakov, Alexey Chesmin, Ivan Potekhin (C), Guram Chkareuli (GK), Zaurbek Pagaev, Alexei Borkin

Scorer: Alexander Kuligin (44”)

Booked: Eduard Ramonov (5”), Lasha Murvanadze (27”), Alexander Kuligin (60”)


Match officials: Keith Stroud, Scott Henry, Tom Elliott, Jon Burridge
Attendance: 823